The establishment of the Basic Education Doctoral Program is based on the philosophy that basic education is the foundation for instilling character and identity values in children from their early age. Early education is a strategic effort in developing Indonesian citizens during their golden age of childhood. This golden age ranges from 0-5 years up until the age of 6-8 years or early grade elementary school. The Basic Education Doctoral Program at Universitas Negeri Jakarta focuses on preparing human resources who are experts in basic education with the understanding of cross-cultural urban education, i.e., the cultural diversity in the Special Capital Region of Jakarta that comes from various ethnic groups, which can promote the values of tolerance and unity in Indonesia. The Doctoral Program prepares lecturers who can then teach students of master’s degree in elementary education and elementary and junior high school teachers and experts in the management of basic education in various education offices. The Basic Education Doctoral Program also prepares the graduates to become consultants, leaders, and managers in basic education. The management of basic education in the digital era follows the industrial revolution 4.0. It has implications for strengthening the 21st-century skills by mainstreaming curriculum development, learning processes, and assessment processes, related to the 6Cs (Creative and Innovative, Collaboration, Communication, Compassion, Critical Thinking and Problem solving, Computational Logic) in the Indonesian educational system.
To become a reference center for Innovation and Learning Systems for Multidisciplinary/Interdisciplinary, and Transdisciplinary Basic Education at the national, regional, international levels.
- To carry out innovative and dynamic education/learning in basic education;
- To carry out or facilitate critical, innovative, and analytical studies in science, in particular that underlie basic education and education in general;
- To conduct innovative scientific research to support the development of basic education, in particular, and other educational fields related to basic education and education in general;
- To perform community service in basic education and other general fields related to society and education;
- To facilitate the development of professionalism and competence to respond to and anticipate the development of educational science in an increasingly dynamic society, especially in the field of basic education.
- able to develop science, technology, and the arts in the field of basic education (elementary school and junior high school) through research, creative work, and original and tested knowledge in various perspectives;
- able to offer solutions to science, technology, and art problems in basic education through an interdisciplinary, multidisciplinary, or transdisciplinary approach; and
- able to manage, lead, and develop research and development beneficial to science and humanity’s welfare and gain both national and international recognition.
- professional educators (elementary school teacher education lecturers) who can develop basic education (elementary school teacher education lecturers) who can develop basic education science and are critical, innovative, creative, communicative, and collaborative;
- primary researchers in basic education who can carry out advanced research through multidisciplinary, interdisciplinary, and transdisciplinary approaches;
- basic education experts or consultants who can provide consultancy in the fields of curriculum research and development, learning, policy, and education governance; and
- basic education practitioners (supervisors, school principals, teachers, and school managers) who can develop educational innovations, management, and managers.
- Able to develop new knowledge about pedagogy theory, literacy, technological benefits, and or new arts about information in the field of basic education science, to produce solutions for improving the quality of life of society, nationality, and state through interdisciplinary or multidisciplinary and transdisciplinary approaches;
- Able to develop his educational or professional practice through research to produce creative, original, and tested work;
- Able to solve related science, technology, and or art problems in the field of basic education based on pedagogy theory, literacy, information technology through scientific methods with interdisciplinary or multidisciplinary and transdisciplinary approaches that internalize academic values, norms, and ethics;
- Able to develop new theories in innovative learning by applying concepts and principles of didactic-pedagogical in basic education by utilizing science and technology oriented towards life skills and contributing to the improvement of the quality of people’s lives;
- Able to manage, lead and develop research and development that is beneficial for the science of Basic Education and the benefit of mankind, and able to gain national and international recognition.
1. General Subjects
|99009113||Advanced Philosophy||3 credits|
|99009123||Advanced Research Methodology||3 credits|
|990091133||Advanced Statistics||3 credits|
|990091433||Indexed Scientific Article Writing||3 credits|
2. Expertise Subjects
|99199113||Policy Analysis and Basic Education Management||3 credits|
|9919912||Elementary School Learning Insights and Problems||3 credits|
|99199143||Creativity and Critical Thinking||3 credits|
|99199153||Pluralism and Multiculturalism||3 credits|
|99199183||New Orientation in Pedagogy||3 credits|
|99199193||Basic Education colloquium||3 credits|
3. Selective Subjects
|99199413||Theory and Psychology of learning||3 credits|
|99199423||Character Education: Concepts, Design and Applications Elementary School||3 credits|
|99199433||The Impact of Neuro Psychology On Learning||3 credits|
|99199443||Introduction to Inclusion Education and Children with Special Needs||3 credits|
|99199453||Performance Technology||3 credits|
|Choose 1 (one) course from the preferred courses available|
|99199013||Foundation of Education*||3 credits|
Note: * implemented before semester 1 lecture