The Master’s Program of Physical Education was determined based on the Decree of the Minister of National Education through the Director General of Higher Education of the Ministry of National Education Number: No. 590/DIKTI/Kep/1993, dated October 21, 1993, considered feasible because it is supported by adequate learning infrastructure and human resources. Over time, the Sports Education Study Program changed its name to Master’s Program of Physical Education in accordance with the decree of the Minister of Research, Technology and Higher Education No. 257/M/KPT/2017. Until now, the Physical Education Study Program continues to strive to be the center of development and assessment of education, sports science and technology so that it becomes a “teaching institution” and a “research institution”.
Master’s Program of Physical Education is a Study Program that produces graduates as Educators / Lecturers in the Master Program of Physical Education, researchers, developers of Physical Education, and consultants of Physical Education. The number of homebased lecturers in the Master Program of Physical Education there are 6 Lecturers. There are 14 courses in the master program of Physical Education consisting of 4 General Courses, 7 Skills Courses, 2 Elective Courses, and 1 Matriculation Course taken by each student from non-education at the beginning of the lecture before the start of semester 1 lectures.
- Able to develop science and arts in the field of sports education through research / research so as to produce innovative and tested work.
- Able to solve the problems of science, technology and the arts in the field of sports education through an interdisciplinary or multidisciplinary approach.
- Able to manage research / research and development of sports education that is beneficial to society and science, and able to publish it and get recognition both nationally and internationally.
- Able to develop pedagogy theory, literacy, benefits of information technology in physical education and sports science by practicing as a developer of physical education and sports science to produce solutions in improving the quality of physical health education and sports science for human benefit through an interdisciplinary or multidisciplinary approach;
- Able to apply logical, critical, systematic, and innovative thinking in the field of physical education by practicing as a developer of sports education and training and health education, fitness with his practice as an expert, educator, and coach of sports science and education as well as training in the field of social sensitivity and concern for the community and environmental;
- Able to solve physical education problems based on pedagogy theory, literacy, information technology by practicing as a sports science coach and rationing through scientific methods with an interdisciplinary or multidisciplinary approach based on academic values, norms, and ethics;
- Able to implement problem solutions Education technology that suits the needs of the development of sports science and rationing through proven research and novelty and gaining recognition at the national and international level;
- Able to apply innovative learning by applying concepts and principles of didactic-pedagogical in Physical Education by utilizing Science.
- Able to apply professionalism sustainably in the field of physical education by researching an effort to improve digital literacy;
- Able to understand the results of research and development in sports science and rationing is current with an inter and multi-disciplinary approach recognized at the national and international.
|99008113||Philosophy of Science||3 credits|
|99008123||Research Methodology||3 credits|
|99008143||Indexed Scientific Article Writing||3 credits|
|99038113||History, Azas and Philosophy, Physical Education System and Sports||3 credits|
|99038123||Physical Education Curriculum Design and Development||3 credits|
|99038133||Physical Education Learning Strategies and Media||3 credits|
|99038143||Physical Education and Sports Management||3 credits|
|99038153||Motion Physiology||3 credits|
|99038183||New Orientation in Education Psychology||3 credits|
|99038193||Physical Education Colloquium||3 credits|
|99038413||Learning Motion Skills||3 credits|
|99038423||Motion Mechanics Analysis||3 credits|
|Select one course from the Selected Courses available|
|99008013||The Foundation of Education Science*||3 credits|
Note: * implemented before semester 1 lecture
The Master’s Program of Physical Education Study Program accredited “A” at National Accreditation Organization for Higher Education, Decree Number 2642/SK/BAN-PT/Akred/M/XI/2016., valid until November 17, 2021.
The foundation of postgraduate curriculum development of Universitas Negeri Jakarta (UNJ), namely (a) Law No. 12 of 2012 on Higher Education, (b) Presidential Regulation No. 8/2012 on Indonesia’s National Qualification Framework (KKNI), (c) Permendikbud No. 73/2013 on The Implementation of KKNI in Higher Education, (d) Government Regulation No. 4/2014 on The Implementation of Higher Education and Higher Education Management, and (e) and Permendikbud No. 03 of 2020 on National Standards of Higher Education. Referring to the above policy, the master’s program curriculum implements KKNI level 8 (eight).
The content of the UNJ Postgraduate Master’s curriculum is encompassed in Graduate Learning Achieves (CPL), which includes aspects of attitude, general skill, special skill, and knowledge formulated based on SNPT The Year 2020 and descriptor KKNI level 8 (eight)). Graduate learning achievements (CPL)are spelled out into courses specific to the course, covering attitude, knowledge, general skills, and special skills.
The Master’s Study Program curriculum was developed based on outcome-based education (OBE) of international standards. The curriculum developed is oriented towards the occupational/professional map within the Indonesian National Qualification Framework (KKNI) of the field of expertise or science of each Study Program that can be equalized with international qualifications.
The UNJ Postgraduate Curriculum contains several courses grouped into matriculation courses, General Subjects (Courses)s, major courses/courses, basic educational courses, and choose courses.
Postgraduate issued a Certificate of Postgraduate Assistance (SKPI) or diploma supplement referring to the Regulation of the Minister of Research, Technology, and Higher Education No. 59 of 2018 on Diploma, Certificate of Competency, Certificate of Profession, Degree, and Procedure for Writing a Degree in Higher Education. SKPI contains information on graduates’ activeness in the academic field, the social attitudes of graduates, and the qualifications of graduates following the level of the Indonesian National Qualification Framework (KKNI). SKPI is issued after validation, and the student is declared to have graduated from a study program at The Graduate School of Jakarta State University.
The qualifications expected from graduates of UNJ Postgraduate Master Program are following KKNI level 8 namely: (1) Able to develop pedagogy theory, literacy, benefits of information technology in educational technology to produce solutions that are in order to improve the quality of public life, nationality and state through an interdisciplinary or multidisciplinary approach; (2) Able to apply logical, critical, systematic, and innovative thinking in their field based on scientific rules, procedures and ethics in order to improve the profession of education and non-education that has social sensitivity and care for the community and the environment; (3) Able to solve educational and non-educational problems based on scientific methods with an interdisciplinary or multidisciplinary approach that internalizes academic values, norms, and ethics; (4) Able to implement educational and non-educational problem solutions that are following the needs of science and technology development through proven research and novelty at the national and international level; (5) Able to apply innovative learning by applying concepts and principles of didactic-pedagogical by utilizing science and technology-oriented towards life skills and contributing to the improvement of the quality of people’s lives; (6) Able to apply professionalism on an ongoing basis in his field of expertise or knowledge by conducting research as reflective and evaluative measures; (7) Able to disseminate the results of studies in the field is current with an inter and multi-disciplinary approach recognized by the scientific community at the national and international level. To achieve these graduates’ qualifications, the learning process at Postgraduate UNJ is conducted in the form of face-to-face lectures and/or blended learning, seminars, practicum, response, research, studio practices, workshop practices, or field practices.
The study assessment at UNJ Postgraduate includes assessing the process and assessment of student learning results to meet the achievements of graduate learning. Assessment techniques used are observation, participation, projects, rallies, assignments, written tests, or oral tests, which are student portfolios.
The composition of courses for Master’s program as follows.
Table 1. Disseminate of Study Loads for Background Bachelor of Education Program
|2||Expertise Courses of Specific Study Programs||18-24|
CSH = Courses Semester Hours
Table 2. Disseminate of Study Loads for Background Bachelor’s Program Non-Education
|3||Expertise Courses of Specific Study Programs||18-24|