New student recruitment refers to the Postgraduate Program Manual that has been passed based on Rector’s Decree No. 697 / SP / 2010 that recruitment is done through selection using test instruments in the form of Academic and English Potential Tests. The test is organized centrally by the Postgraduate State University of Jakarta under the Selection Committee appointed based on the Director’s Decree. The committee consists of the Chairman of the Study Program, Deputy for Academic Affair and Deputy for Financial and General Affairs, Director and postgraduate staffs of State University of Jakarta. Selection of all study programs is conducted simultaneously. Each Study Program has different input criteria on the weight of the value value of the Academic Potential Test component according to the character of the Study Program.
Academic Potential Test components include: Reasoning, Numerical, Verbal, and Space Perception. In addition, Postgraduate State University of Jakarta sets requirements for prospective students, namely:
Selection Implementation is the selection of prospective graduate students is carried out once a year, namely; Admission for Regular and Non-Regular Programs. Admission is done in April.
Requirement for Admission:
- Prospective students of S2 program have a minimum S1 GPA of 2.75 and for S3 programs have a minimum S2 GPA of 3.25 from an accredited study program.
- For prospective students who have a GPA of 2.25 ≤ GPA < 2.75 for S2 and 3.00 ≤ GPA < 3.25 for S3 can follow the selection with the requirement to have worked for a minimum of three years or get recommendations from professors whose areas of expertise are relevant to the chosen study program.
- Follow the selection held by the Graduate Program with the eye of the Academic and English Pontency Test (TOEFL) test.
- Prospective students who can be accepted as graduate students are prospective students who graduate TPA with a minimum score of 450 for S2 and 500 for S3; as well as pass TOEFL with a minimum score of 450 for S2 and a minimum score of 500 for S3.
- Prospective students who pass the Academic Potential Test (TPA) and obtain 400 ≤ TOEFL score < 450 for S2 and 450 ≤ TOEFL score of < 500 for S3 can be accepted with the condition of attending English courses equivalent to 3 credits for one semester to reach the TOEFL pass limit.
- Prospective students have two study program options. Determination of graduation on the study program selected based on the criteria of landfill score adjusted to the characteristics of the study program.
- If for some thing, prospective students who are declared graduated and do not register according to the specified time are given the opportunity to apply the following year without following the re-selection by reporting in writing to the Director.
- Prospective students who have passed the selection are required to re-apply by meeting the requirements specified by the UNJ Postgraduate.
With a pattern of admission of new students like this is expected to get prospective students with priority on the quality of academic achievement. The selection process of new students begins with the determination of the capacity of each study program. The capacity is determined based on the standards set by the Directorate General of Higher Education and the ability of the study program. The process of determining capacity starts from the proposal of each study program, then discussed at the Graduate and University level. While the portion of prospective students recruited from each selection category is considered every academic year by paying attention to the portion of students who re-list from each admission category, the capacity of each study program, and community interests.