The Master Program of Environmental Education was established on December 17, 2009 based on The Ministry of Education Decree No. 2416/D/T/2009. The idea to establish a Master Program of Environmental Education includes (1) giving access to people who have limited time to be able to improve skills in the field of education and non-education through higher education level improvement, namely the Master of Environmental Education program, Postgraduate State University of Jakarta; (2) optimizing capacity and resources in the Postgraduate Environmental Education Study Program of State University of Jakarta in contributing to the improvement of human resources in Indonesia in the Field of Environmental Education; (3) increase the productivity of the Postgraduate Environmental Education Study Program of Universitas Negeri Jakarta in contributing to the provision of environmental education services to the community.
BAN Accreditation Rating of PT Environmental Education Study Program when it was first accredited in 2013 was B with SK No-181/SK/BAN-PT/Ak-XI/M/VIII/2013. The next accreditation was carried out in 2017 and obtained a B rating with DECREE Number -2616/SK/BAN-PT/Akred/M/IV/2018. In its development, the number of students received varies from 3 to 5 students or an average of 4 students. But over time, the number is increasing. Students of The Master of Environmental Education Program come from alumni of Geography, Biology, and other universities in Indonesia.
The field of study of Master of Environmental Education can be grouped into areas of study related to environmental aspects. The field of pedagogical studies is reflected in the courses of study programs such as Environmental Education Concept, a new paradigm in Environmental Education, pemecahan problems in the field of environmental education disciplines through research and development based on scientific rules Alumni of Master of Environmental Education have competence as experts, researchers and practitioners related to the field of Environmental Education. As an expert in the field of Environmental Education, Environmental Education alumni have competence to become educator and extension workers who are competent in the use of concepts, theories and applications in the field of Environmental Education. As researcher in the field of Environmental Education, environmental education alumni able to conduct research in the field of Environmental Education and in accordance with scientific rules.
The Master Program of Environmental Education always conducts partnership efforts and builds networks with associations in the field of Environmental Education. Efforts for the implementation and results of partnership cooperation in the form of training, seminars in government and private institutions. Among them (1) in cooperation in the annual seminar (ISQAE) with the University of Malaya, University of Technology Malaysia, and Manado University has taken place in the fourth year, namely in 2012 the first ISQAE seminar of the organizers of UNJ, in 2013 the second ISQAE seminar of UTM organizers, in 2014 the third ISQAE seminar organizers Malaysia University; in 2015 the fourth ISQAE seminar was held by Manado State University, and the fifth at UTY Yogyakarta. Also UNJ collaborates in the annual seminar (ICeDU) with Sabah University has been held in the first year of 2014, with UNJ in collaboration through IPTPI in collaboration with the Association for Educational communication and Technology (AECT) held the Educational Technology Word Conference (ETWC) in 2016 in Bali and annually sent lecturers to the annual Conference, in which lecturers of the Master Program of Postgraduate Environmental Education UNJ are involved in participation as well as coordinators in the postgraduate environment.
In line with the objectives of the implementation of higher education State University of Jakarta and Postgraduate, the study program sets the following objectives:
- Able to develop knowledge of environmental education through research, so as to produce innovative work (in the form of environmental ecosystem design, natural protection & conservation system, and others);
- Able to analyze critically the theory and praxis related to environmental education in its professional practice;
- Able to solve problems related to environmental education through inter or multidisciplinary approach;
- Manage research in the field of environmental education and its development that is beneficial to society and science, as well as gained national and international recognition;
- Develop yourself and have a passion for learning throughout life so that it can adapt to the changing times;
- 6. Understand and be able to implement his knowledge and experience responsibly, contribute positively, think critically, creatively, and show pioneering and leadership;
- Communicate ideas, thoughts, and ideas, and develop and maintain networking networks both with colleagues inside and outside the institution in accordance with professional ethics.
- Able to develop pedagogy theory, literacy, benefits of information technology in environmental education where aspects of the population become the main comparative in achieving environmental quality with practice as a resident expert, environmentalists who can provide solutions in achieving sustainable development in the aspects of education, population and environment for human benefit through an interdisciplinary or multidisciplinary approach;
- Able to apply logical, critical, systematic, and innovative thinking in the field of environmental education by practicing as educators and coaches and researchers in the field of environmental education where aspects of the population become the main comparative in achieving environmental quality that has social sensitivity and cares for the community and environment.
- Able to solve social and environmental problems based on pedagogy theory, literacy, population information technology, and the environment where aspects of the population become the main comparative in achieving environmental quality through scientific methods with an interdisciplinary or multidisciplinary approach based on academic values, norms, and ethics;
- Able to implement solutions to environmental learning problems both monolithic and integrative at the college, school, and out-of-school levels at all levels suitable for local. Regional, national and global through proven research and novelty and gaining national and international recognition;
- Able to apply innovative learning by applying concepts and principles of didactic-pedagogical in mainstreaming environmental education on various subjects and subjects by utilizing the science and technology-oriented towards the achievement of SD’S Indonesia targets;
- Able to apply professionalism sustainably in the field of environmental education by researching an effort to support digital literacy;
- Able to disseminate research and development results in environmental education is current with an inter and multi-disciplinary approach recognized at the national and international level.
|99008113||Philosophy of Science||3 credits|
|99008123||Research Methodology||3 credits|
|99008143||Indexed Scientific Article Writing||3 credits|
- Expertise Course
|99078113||Ecology and Environmental Sciences||3 credits|
|99078123||Learning Strategies in Population and Environmental Education||3 credits|
|99078133||Environmental Psychology||3 credits|
|99078143||Environmental System Analysis||3 credits|
|99078153||Disaster Mitigation Education||3 credits|
|99078183||New Orientation in Education Psychology||3 credits|
|99078193||Environmental Education of Colloquium||3 credits|
|99078013||Population and Environmental Education Studies||3 credits|
|99078413||Communication and Information Technology in Environmental Education||3 credits|
|99078423||Population Study and Spatial Arrangement||3 credits|
|Select one course from the Selected Courses available|
|99008013||The Foundation of Education Science*||3 credits|
Note: * implemented before semester 1 lecture
The Master’s Program in Environmental Education Study Program accredited “B” at National Accreditation Organization for Higher Education, Decree Number 2930/SK/BAN-PT/Akred/M/XII/2016, valid until December 1, 2021.
The foundation of postgraduate curriculum development of Universitas Negeri Jakarta (UNJ), namely (a) Law No. 12 of 2012 on Higher Education, (b) Presidential Regulation No. 8/2012 on Indonesia’s National Qualification Framework (KKNI), (c) Permendikbud No. 73/2013 on The Implementation of KKNI in Higher Education, (d) Government Regulation No. 4/2014 on The Implementation of Higher Education and Higher Education Management, and (e) and Permendikbud No. 03 of 2020 on National Standards of Higher Education. Referring to the above policy, the master’s program curriculum implements KKNI level 8 (eight).
The content of the UNJ Postgraduate Master’s curriculum is encompassed in Graduate Learning Achieves (CPL), which includes aspects of attitude, general skill, special skill, and knowledge formulated based on SNPT The Year 2020 and descriptor KKNI level 8 (eight)). Graduate learning achievements (CPL)are spelled out into courses specific to the course, covering attitude, knowledge, general skills, and special skills.
The Master’s Study Program curriculum was developed based on outcome-based education (OBE) of international standards. The curriculum developed is oriented towards the occupational/professional map within the Indonesian National Qualification Framework (KKNI) of the field of expertise or science of each Study Program that can be equalized with international qualifications.
The UNJ Postgraduate Curriculum contains several courses grouped into matriculation courses, General Subjects (Courses)s, major courses/courses, basic educational courses, and choose courses.
Postgraduate issued a Certificate of Postgraduate Assistance (SKPI) or diploma supplement referring to the Regulation of the Minister of Research, Technology, and Higher Education No. 59 of 2018 on Diploma, Certificate of Competency, Certificate of Profession, Degree, and Procedure for Writing a Degree in Higher Education. SKPI contains information on graduates’ activeness in the academic field, the social attitudes of graduates, and the qualifications of graduates following the level of the Indonesian National Qualification Framework (KKNI). SKPI is issued after validation, and the student is declared to have graduated from a study program at The Graduate School of Jakarta State University.
The qualifications expected from graduates of UNJ Postgraduate Master Program are following KKNI level 8 namely: (1) Able to develop pedagogy theory, literacy, benefits of information technology in educational technology to produce solutions that are in order to improve the quality of public life, nationality and state through an interdisciplinary or multidisciplinary approach; (2) Able to apply logical, critical, systematic, and innovative thinking in their field based on scientific rules, procedures and ethics in order to improve the profession of education and non-education that has social sensitivity and care for the community and the environment; (3) Able to solve educational and non-educational problems based on scientific methods with an interdisciplinary or multidisciplinary approach that internalizes academic values, norms, and ethics; (4) Able to implement educational and non-educational problem solutions that are following the needs of science and technology development through proven research and novelty at the national and international level; (5) Able to apply innovative learning by applying concepts and principles of didactic-pedagogical by utilizing science and technology-oriented towards life skills and contributing to the improvement of the quality of people’s lives; (6) Able to apply professionalism on an ongoing basis in his field of expertise or knowledge by conducting research as reflective and evaluative measures; (7) Able to disseminate the results of studies in the field is current with an inter and multi-disciplinary approach recognized by the scientific community at the national and international level. To achieve these graduates’ qualifications, the learning process at Postgraduate UNJ is conducted in the form of face-to-face lectures and/or blended learning, seminars, practicum, response, research, studio practices, workshop practices, or field practices.
The study assessment at UNJ Postgraduate includes assessing the process and assessment of student learning results to meet the achievements of graduate learning. Assessment techniques used are observation, participation, projects, rallies, assignments, written tests, or oral tests, which are student portfolios.
The composition of courses for Master’s program as follows.
Table 1. Disseminate of Study Loads for Background Bachelor of Education Program
|2||Expertise Courses of Specific Study Programs||18-24|
CSH = Courses Semester Hours
Table 2. Disseminate of Study Loads for Background Bachelor’s Program Non-Education
|3||Expertise Courses of Specific Study Programs||18-24|
Based on the Tri Dharma of Higher Education which demands moral and social responsibility to apply knowledge, students of the master program (S2) Environmental Education Study Program, Postgraduate Program, State University of Jakarta intend to organize activities: FIELD WORK LECTURES with the theme: ‘Local Wisdom Education Towards SDS. Field Work Lecture (KKL) for S2 students of Environmental Education Study Program 2017 was held on Friday – Monday: April 11-14 2018 which was held in Bali.