The Early Childhood Education Doctoral Study Program was established when the Educational Technology Doctoral Study Program developed its scientific branches in Educational Technology and Early Childhood Education. The Educational Technology Study Program is the main study program that has given birth to several other study programs, including the Early Childhood Education Master’s and Doctoral Study Programs. Since 2002 the Doctoral Degree in Educational Technology Study Program has offered a specialization in Early Childhood Education Doctoral Study Program.
The Doctoral Study Program in Educational Technology, in particular Early Childhood Education at the Postgraduate Program of Universitas Negeri Jakarta, has a strategic and excellent position in supporting government programs to make policies of early childhood education services that are academically sound, accommodate good practice, and adapt the multicultural characteristics of the Indonesian society. The strategic position is indicated by the increasing academic demand in the early childhood education field. Therefore, in 2019 the Early Childhood Education Doctoral Study Program was founded to develop early childhood education science study. The program is also needed to meet academic personnel’s need at the higher education level, especially the need for lecturers in Early Childhood Education master’s and doctoral degree programs in other universities. In practical terms, the Early Childhood Education Doctoral Study Program is needed to accommodate human resources who have competencies in developing early childhood education program plans and policies in the national and regional contexts.
The Early Childhood Study Program was established based on the philosophy that education must be carried out early on and carried out throughout life. Education from an early age is a strategic effort in shaping Indonesian citizens during the golden age of childhood. The golden age in child development refers to the period from 0-5 years to the age of 6-8 years, and the age of early grade elementary school children.
The Early Childhood Education Doctoral Program at Universitas Negeri Jakarta focuses on developing experts in early childhood education. This expertise is also supported by the characteristics of urban education, which is multicultural due to the diversity of cultures in the Special Capital Region of Jakarta, which comes from various ethnic groups and prioritizes Indonesia’s tolerance and unity. The program graduates can also help parents and prospective parents become partners who will help children in their early childhood become the golden generation to face the industrial revolution 4.0. It has implications for strengthening the 21st-century skills by mainstreaming curriculum development, learning processes, and assessment processes relevant to the 6Cs (Creative and Innovative, Collaboration, Communication, Communication, Compassion, Critical Thinking and Problem solving, Computational Logic) in the Indonesian educational system.
|1||Dr. Elindra Yetti, M.Pd||Full-Time Lecturer|
|2||Prof. Dr. Syarif Sumantri, M.Pd.||Full-Time Lecturer|
|3||Prof. Fasli Djalal, Ph.D.||Full-Time Lecturer|
|4||Prof. Dr. Martini Jamaris, M.Sc.Ed||Full-Time Lecturer|
|5||Dr. Sofia Hartati, M.Si.||Full-Time Lecturer|
|6||Dr. Tuti Tarwiyah Adi Sam, M.Si||Full-Time Lecturer|
|7||Dr. Hapidin, M.Pd||Full-Time Lecturer|
|8||Dr. Karnadi, M.Pd.||Full-Time Lecturer|
|9||Dr. Yuliani Nurani, M.Pd.||Full-Time Lecturer|
|10||Dr. Asep Supena, M.Psi.||Full-Time Lecturer|
To produce doctoral graduates who are experts in early childhood education with the ability to:
- develop knowledge and skills as lecturers and researchers in master’s and/or doctoral programs in early childhood education, early childhood education developers, and early childhood education consultants;
- find or develop new ideas in science and praxis regarding the development and learning of early childhood by adhering to the professional code of ethics;
- have a lifelong learning attitude through education, research, and training in both formal and non-formal activities in self-development efforts that are relevant to the field of early childhood education.
- Able to critically analyze the concept of research methodology to solve research problems in the field of early childhood education as the basis in carrying out creative, innovative, and multicultural-based research;
- Able to formulate early childhood development in multi perspective through various studies and research as a foothold to develop or discover innovative and proven early childhood education science and
- Able to compare the approach and model of the early childhood education curriculum at the national level effort to solve early childhood education problems by using interdisciplinary, multidisciplinary, and transdisciplinary approaches;
- Able to use various early childhood education policy systems as the basis for researching to develop or discover new knowledge in the theory and practice of early childhood education
- Able to analyze of research areas relevant to as the basis in selecting the right research for, current, advanced, and providing human benefit through interdisciplinary, multidisciplinary, or transdisciplinary approach, in order to develop and/or produce problem-solving in the field of science, technology, art;
- Able to discovers or develops new scientific theories/conceptions/ ideas, contributing to the development and practice of science and/or technology that pays attention to and applies humanities values in the field of Early Childhood Education by producing scientific research based on scientific methodology, logical thinking, critical, systematic, and creative;
- Able to manages or leads in developing research roadmaps and research implementation with interdisciplinary, multidisciplinary, or transdisciplinary approaches, based on studies on the underlying objectives of the research and its constellation on broader targets in the field of Early Childhood Education;
- Able to develop scientific, technological, or artistic arguments and solutions based on critical views on facts, concepts, principles, or theories that can be accounted for scientifically and academically and communicate through mass media, journals/proceedings, or directly to the public.
1. General Subjects
|99009113||Advanced Philosophy||3 credits|
|99009123||Advanced Research Methodology||3 credits|
|99009133||Advanced Statistics||3 credits|
|99009143||Indexed Scientific Article Writing||3 credits|
2. Expertise Subjects
|99209113||Child Development in Multi-perspective||3 credits|
|99209123||Comparison and Innovation of Early Childhood Education Curriculum||
|99209133||Research Area of Early Childhood Education||3 credits|
|99209143||Early Childhood Education Educator Development||3 credits|
|99209183||New Orientation in Pedagogy||3 credits|
|99209193||Early Childhood Education Colloquium||3 credits|
3. Elective Courses
|99209413||Early Childhood Education Policy System||3 credits|
|99209423||Qualitative Data Analysis||3 credits|
|99209433||Development of Theory and Concept of Early Childhood Play||3 credits|
|Choose 2 (two) courses from the preferred courses available|
|99009013||Foundation of Education*||3 credits|
|99209013||Basic Concepts of Early Childhood||3 credits|
Note: * implemented before semester 1 lecture