Environmental degradation, poverty, unemployment, conservation, pollution, climate change, and mitigation occur in Indonesia. The Doctoral Program in Demography and Environmental Education offers the study of human population, past, present and future based on the causes and consequences of demographic change, population data, mitigation and forecasting. This program may be suitable for educators who want to specialize in environmental leadership or sustainability. In this program they will have the opportunity to engage in advanced studies and research in demography and environmental education, public policy and administration, urban and regional planning, life sciences, and the social sciences to achieve the Sustainable Development Goals (SDG’s) standards.
Become the barometer of novelty and incredible innovation in the global era, produce competitive graduates who are multidisciplinary/interdisciplinary and transdisciplinary creative, and innovative in demography and environmental education, at the regional and international levels.
Contribute to the development of science, technology, and arts through three pillars of higher education at the doctoral program in demography and environmental education , contributing to the improvement in the Indonesian and global community.
The graduates are expected to pursue their careers in the university, organizations and agencies, research centers, NGOs, government and public sectors as leaders and policy makers, researchers, consultants, and educators.
- Able to develop new knowledge about pedagogy theory, literacy, technological benefits, and or new arts about information in the field of demography and environmental education, to produce solutions for improving the quality of life of society, nationality, and state through interdisciplinary or multidisciplinary and transdisciplinary approaches;
- Able to develop the science of demography and environmental education or professional practice through research to produce creative, original, and tested work in the areas of population, environment and population education and environmental education to achieve the target of SDGs national and global;
- Able to solve related science, technology, and or art problems in the field of population and environmental based on pedagogy theory, literacy, information technology through scientific methods with interdisciplinary or multidisciplinary and transdisciplinary approaches that internalize academic values, norms, and ethics;
- Able to develop new theories in innovative learning by applying the concepts and principles of didactic-pedagogical in the population and environment by utilizing science and technology oriented towards life skills (life skills)and contributing in improving the quality of the environment and human quality;
- Able to manage, lead and develop research and development that is beneficial for science and the environment and the benefit of mankind, and able to gain national and international recognition.
1. General Subjects
|99009113||Philosophy of Advanced Sciences||3 credits|
|99009123||Advanced Research Methodology||3 credits|
|99001133||Advanced Statistics||3 credits|
|99009143||Indexed Scientific Article Writing||3 credits|
2. Expertise Subjects
|99089113||Capita Selecta in Demography and Environmental Education||3 credits|
|99089123||Eco-pedagogic in Demography and Environmental Education||3 credits|
|99089133||Environmental and Development||3 credits|
|99089143||Environmental Management System||3 credits|
|99089153||Dynamic System and L-Modeling||3 credits|
|99089183||New Orientation in Pedagogy||3 credits|
|99089193||Demography and Environmental Education Colloquium||3 credits|
3. Elective Subjects
|99089413||Innovative Strategies in Demography and Environmental Education Learning||3 credits|
|99089423||Public Policy and Institutional Analysis||3 credits|
|99089433||Climate Change Issues||3 credits|
|99089443||Environmental Management System||3 credits|
|99089453||Dynamics and Environmental Modeling System||3 credits|
|Choose 2 (two) courses from the preferred courses available|
|99089013||Foundation of Education*||3 credits|
Note: * implemented before semester 1 lecture