Educational research and evaluation is a field of study concerned with research methodology, assessment, program evaluation, and measurement in education. The Master’s Degree in Educational Research and Evaluation Study Program is a broad, multidisciplinary study program that examines research and evaluation at all levels and in all education sectors. The study program develops students’ knowledge, skills, and expertise in research, evaluation, and measurement studies, including secondary analysis of existing data sets, synthesis reviews of evidence, evaluation of evidence-based education in practice, and theoretical, conceptual, methodological, and substantive issues in research and evaluation.
The research, assessment, and measurement methodology components are part of all educational study programs at universities to equip students to carry out research and evaluate learning appropriately. Other agencies conduct evaluations to do program assessments based on users’ information, and evaluation results are used for policymaking to improve quality (McDavid & Hawthorn, 2006).
Based on the description above, it is necessary to have graduates who can develop their educational research and evaluation potential. All of this is needed to gain insights and make changes in behavior, both in personal behavior and scientific attitudes so that they become professional human beings and can improve the life of society, nation, and country.
To become a center of reference for innovation in measurement, assessment, and program evaluation in the multidisciplinary/interdisciplinary research-based education field in educational research and evaluation at the national, regional, and global levels.
To contribute to the advancement of science, technology, and the arts by implementing the tridharma of higher education in the Educational Research and Evaluation Master’s Degree Program to contribute to Indonesia and the global community.
The objective of the Master’s Degree Program in Educational Research and Evaluation is to produce professionals graduates who have:
- ability to design and select assessment tools and research methodology in the field of research methodology to be applied in the field of work;
- ability to critically analyze the theory and practice of educational assessment, instrument development, and program evaluation in education or professional practice through research for further study at postgraduate or professional activities; and
- ability to communicate ideas, make decisions, and manage, develop and maintain networks with colleagues and peers within the institution and by adhering to the professional code of ethics.
The Master’s Degree Program in Educational Research and Evaluation aims to produce these graduate profiles:
- skilled educators in research and program evaluation who can carry out learning related to research methodology, classroom-based assessments, evaluation of learning outcomes, and developing assessment/research instruments;
- appraisal/research tool developers skilled in developing valid and reliable assessment tools and research instruments;
- skilled education and training researchers who can apply appropriate research methodology to assess, measure, and evaluate education and training programs; and
- evaluators and assessors who are skilled in assessing and evaluating various education and training programs
- Able to evaluate educational problems, analyze theory critically by determining the appropriate research methodology to solve research problems in the field of evaluation, measurement, or assessment of education with an interdisciplinary approach;
- Able to develop assessment frameworks and standard instruments to solve educational problems with an interdisciplinary or multidisciplinary approach based on academic values, norms, and ethics;
- Able to choose evaluation models to provide suitable problem solutions, tested and novelty and gaining recognition at the national and international level;
- Able to apply the science of Research and Evaluation Education professionally and continuous through research, literacy, and numeration;
- Able to devalue the results of research and development in the field of Penelitian and Evaluasi Pendidikan valuation education is current with a nationally recognized and globally recognized interdisciplinary approach.
1. General Subjects
|99008113||Philosophy of Science||3 credits|
|99008123||Research Methods||3 credits|
|99008142||Indexed Scientific Article Writing||3 credits|
2. Expertise Subjects
|99128113||Classic Test Theory||3 credits|
|99128123||Measuring Instrument Construction||3 credits|
|99128132||Class Rating||3 credits|
|99128143||Experimental Design||3 credits|
|99128153||Program Evaluation||3 credits|
|99128163||Qualitative Research Methodology in Education||2 credits|
|99128183||New Orientation in Educational Psychology||3 credits|
|99128193||Research and Evaluation Education Colloquium||3 credits|
3. Elective Subjects
|99128412||Test Management||3 credits|
|99128423||Non-Parametric Statistics||3 credits|
|99128433||Regression Analysis||3 credits|
|99128443||Introduction to Item Response Theory||3 credits|
|99128453||Structural Equation Modeling||3 credits|
|Choose 1 (one) course from the preferred courses available|