The new technology and global issues in education are changing rapidly. This condition needs a good educator and leader to respond, transform, and invent future learning. Therefore, the postgraduate program of UNJ responds to the need by opening the Master of Educational Management program, which was established on September 7, 1982, with decree number 45/1982. This program develops students to be an expert, educator, and professional leader in education. Therefore, the students are expected to be capable of decision-making to face the global challenge in the educational field. To enroll in the Master of Educational Management program, prospective students need to hold a bachelor’s degree in education or a related subject. If the academic background does not agree with this requirement, students must enroll in the matriculation before the first semester starts.
The Master of Educational Management is a two-year academic program. A full-time student is required to complete a minimum of 44 credits. The courses provide the opportunity to engage with educational leadership and teacher development. The student learns the educational management concepts from best practices in business management techniques and the latest research to actualize school effectiveness and improvement.
This study program is accredited B by the National Accreditation Organization for Higher Education or BAN-PT with decree number 1055/SK/BAN-PT/Akred/M/IV/2019. The accreditation applies from April 23, 2019, to April 23, 2024.
The reference center of management system innovation in multidiscipline/interdisciplinary, center of study, theoretical, and practical, provider of professional human resources in educational management, which is reputably in Asia.
Contribute to the advancement of science, technology, and arts through the three pillars of higher education in the Master of Educational Management Program, to support the development in Indonesia and the global community.
The graduates have an advanced understanding of modern management, leadership, pedagogical issues and the challenge of the educational sector. Therefore, the graduates are able to take on leadership positions in several fields of the education sector such as public institution, school, NGO and government. The graduates may become an entrepreneur to start new businesses in education such as building a private school or an education consultation firm. They are also an education planner and execute the educational process.
- Able to develop the values, principles, theories, concepts, and practices of manage educators, literacy, benefits of information technology education system management ranging from planning, organizing, implementation, control (academic supervision and managerial) education and training with practice as a developer of education management and training towards superior human resources, management of educational performance to produce solutions in improving the quality of education for human benefit through an interdisciplinary or multidisciplinary approach;
- Developing knowledge in education management results from logical, critical, systematic, and innovative thinking like a manager, leading formal and nonformal institutions and other institutions related to education management and training in achieving good human resources.
- Able to solve governance problems in the field of education, related to education policy at the micro, meso, and macro-level in achieving quality organizational performance through scientific methods with an interdisciplinary or multidisciplinary approach based on academic values, norms, and ethics;
- Able to provide solutions to educational management problems that suit the needs of leadership and managerial education demands in the industrial revolution era 4.0 through proven research and novelty and gaining recognition at the national and international level;
- Able to implement innovative education management by applying concepts and principles of didactic-pedagogical in education management by utilizing SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY.
- Able to apply professionalism on an ongoing basis in the field of education management by researching an effort to improve digital literacy;
- Able to disseminate the results of research and development in education management is current with an inter and multi-disciplinary approach recognized by the education technology community at the national and international.
1. General Subjects
|99008113||Philosophy of Science||3 credits|
|99008123||Research Methodology||3 credits|
|99008142||Indexed Scientific Article Writing||2 credits|
2. Expertise Subjects
|99108113||Education Planning||3 credits|
|99108133||Education Quality Management||3 credits|
|99108143||Education Financing||3 credits|
|99108183||New Orientation in Educational Psychology||3 credits|
|99108193||Educational Management Colloquium||3 credits|
3. Elective Subjects
|99108413||National Education Management||3 credits|
|99108423||Project Management||3 credits|
|99118433||School Management||3 credits|
|Choose 1 (one) course from the preferred courses available|
|99008013||Foundation of Education*||3 credits|
Note: * implemented before semester 1 lecture