The Early Childhood Education Master’s Degree Program was established based on the philosophy that education must be carried out early on and carried out throughout life. Early education is a strategic effort in the development of Indonesian citizens during the golden age of childhood. This golden age ranges from 0-5 years up until 6-8 years old or early grade in elementary school. The Early Childhood Education Master’s Degree Program is concentrated on preparing human resources who are experts in early childhood education with the understanding of cross-cultural urban education, i.e., the diversity of cultures in the Special Capital Region of Jakarta that comes from various ethnic groups and who can promote the values of tolerance and unity in Indonesia. It also prepares graduates who will assist parents and prospective parents in becoming partners who will prepare children in early childhood to be the golden generation to face the industrial revolution 4.0. It has implications for strengthening the 21st-century skills by mainstreaming curriculum development, learning processes, and assessment processes related to the 6Cs (Creative and Innovative, Collaboration, Communication, Compassion, Critical Thinking and Problem solving, Computational Logic) in the Indonesian education system.
The Early Childhood Education Master’s Degree Program was established in 1996 to meet the need for experts in preschools and early grade elementary schools in Indonesia. This study program was still the only one in Indonesia until 2006. After 2006 more Early Childhood Education master’s degree programs started to be offered in several provinces in Indonesia. The students in this program come from all over Indonesia, and graduates are usually immediately employed. Following the established profile, some become lecturers, early childhood education institutions, and early childhood education consultants. The curriculum is based on the Indonesian National Qualifications Framework Level 8 and the vision and mission of the study program. Graduates from this program also continue their studies at universities in Australia, Germany, Malaysia, England, and several other countries.
To become a reference center for innovation in educational development, research, and scientific studies in the scientific field and apply multidisciplinary and interdisciplinary approaches to early childhood education at the national, regional, and international levels.
To contribute to the advancement of science, technology, and arts through the tridharma of higher education at the Early Childhood Education Master’s Program to contribute to Indonesia and the global community.
Graduates who are experts in the field of early childhood education with the ability:
- as lecturers at the undergraduate level of early childhood education/early childhood education teacher education programs, researchers, consultants for early childhood education institutions, and early childhood education managers;
- to analyze theories and practice regarding the suitable age for children’s development and learning following professional ethics; and
- to undertake lifelong learning through education, research, and training in self-development efforts relevant to early childhood education.
- Lecturers or professional educators at the undergraduate level in tertiary education institutions who are competent in conducting education, research, and community service activities in the scientific field and practice of early childhood education;
- Researchers in the field of early childhood education;
- Early childhood education consultants who assist practitioners/institutions in designing, implementing and developing educational programs in early childhood education;
- Early childhood education managers in charge of managing, evaluating, and supervising the organization of early childhood education institutions.
- Able to solve early childhood education problems based on pedagogy theory, literacy, information technology through scientific methods with interdisciplinary or multidisciplinary approaches that internalize academic values, norms, and ethics;
- Able to develop pedagogy theory, literacy, benefits of information technology in Early Childhood Education to produce solutions that are for improving the quality of people’s lives, nationality, and state through an interdisciplinary or multidisciplinary approach;
- Able to apply logical, critical, systematic, and innovative thinking in Early Childhood Education based on scientific rules, procedures, and ethics to improve the profession of Early Childhood Education that has social sensitivity and care for the community and the
- Able to implement early childhood education problem solutions that are following the development needs of Early Childhood Education through proven research and novelty at the national level;
- Able to apply innovative learning by applying the concepts and principles of didactic-pedagogical in Early Childhood Education by utilizing the science and technology-oriented towards life skills and contributing to the improvement of the quality of people’s lives;
- Able to apply professionalism on an ongoing basis in the field of Early Childhood Education by researching reflective and evaluative measures;
- Able to understand early childhood education studies results are current with an inter and multi-disciplinary approach recognized by the Community of Early Childhood Education at the national
1. General Subject
|99008113||Philosophy of Science||3 credits|
|99008123||Research Methodology||3 credits|
|99008142||Indexed Scientific Article Writing||2 credits|
2. Expertise Subjects
|99098113||Early Childhood Development||3 credits|
|99098123||Early Childhood Education Curriculum Development||3 credits|
|99098133||Early Childhood Language Education and Social Studies||3 credits|
|99098143||Early Childhood Art Education||3 credits|
|99098153||Early Childhood Mathematics and Science Education||3 credits|
|99098183||New Orientation in Educational Psychology||3 credits|
|99098193||Early Childhood Education Colloquium||3 credits|
3. Elective Subjects
|99098413||Early Childhood Assessment||3 credits|
|99098423||Policy, Legal and Child Protection Analysis||3 credits|
|99098432||Inclusion Education Perspective||2 credits|
|99098443||Early Age Education Management||3 credits|
|99098453||Information and Communication Technology in Education||3 credits|
|Choose 1 (one) course from the preferred courses available|
|99029013||Foundation of Education*||3 credits|
Note: * implemented before semester 1 lecture