The Basic Education Master’s Degree Study Program was established to meet the need for experts in basic education, especially in elementary school education, including lecturers, academics, consultants, researchers, and professional elementary teachers. The Master’s Degree in Basic Education Study Program is a multidisciplinary and interdisciplinary study program. Therefore, the students come from various disciplines. The study program considers several policies, such as Freedom of Learning and Free Campus (a new program initiated by the Ministry of Education and Culture), learning in the 21st century, industrial revolution 4.0, and the current national elementary school curriculum. The basis for formulating the program’s curriculum is the Indonesian National Qualifications Framework Level 8 (Presidential Regulation Number 8 of 2012 Article 5 Point g).
To become the center of excellence for knowledge and science innovation related to curriculum development in elementary school through research, practice, and the use of technology in a multidisciplinary, interdisciplinary, and transdisciplinary manner in the field of basic education at the national, regional, and global levels (Asia).
- To develop the 21st-century educators in basic education;
- To increase the moral and ethical appreciations of academics and basic education practitioners;
- To facilitate the mastery of the implementation of basic education by the graduates;
- To facilitate the development of the harmonious understanding of basic education through a curriculum with a global perspective based on Indonesian nationality.
- To develop the skills and competencies required by prospective academics (elementary school teacher education lecturers or elementary school teachers) to have in-depth mastery of one of the basic education fields of study;
- To improve the postgraduate Basic Education Study Program’s quality of education, research, and community service activities;
- To develop students’ basic education expertise to develop the basic education sciences at the national and international levels;
- To develop the Basic Education Study Program’s quality in a broader sense by linking basic education with other educational disciplines;
- To develop students’ competencies in formulating solutions to basic education problems using scientific reasoning.
The profiles of the graduates of the Basic Education Master’s Degree Program are:
- formal, informal and non-formal school educators in the field of basic education who can develop science, technology, and arts in the field of basic education (primary and junior high school) through research to produce innovative and tested work;
- professional researchers who can solve problems of science, technology, and arts in the field of basic education through an interdisciplinary or multidisciplinary approach, carry out research in the field of education and learning following the scientific principles, manage research and development that are beneficial to society and science, and publish their findings and gain national and international recognition;
- basic education consultants or experts who provide services and become education experts, especially in elementary education.
- Able to solve basic education problems based on pedagogy theory, literacy, information technology through scientific methods with an interdisciplinary or multidisciplinary approach based on academic values, norms, and ethics;
- Able to develop pedagogy theory, literacy, benefits of information technology in Primary Education to produce solutions for improving the quality of public life, nationality, and state through an interdisciplinary or multidisciplinary approach;
- Able to apply logical, critical, systematic, and innovative thinking in Primary Education based on scientific rules, procedures, and ethics to improve the profession of Primary Education that has social sensitivity and care for society and the environment.
- Able to implement basic education problem solutions that suit the needs of basic education development through proven research and novelty at the national level;
- Able to apply innovative learning by applying concepts and principles of didactic-pedagogical in Basic Education by utilizing the science and technology-oriented towards life skills and contributing to the improvement of the quality of people’s lives;
- Able to apply professionalism on an ongoing basis in the field of Primary Education by researching reflective and evaluative measures;
- Able to disseminate the results of Primary Education results are current with the inter and multi-disciplinary approach recognized by the Elementary Education community at the national and international.
1. General Subjects
|99008113||Philosophy of Science||3 credits|
|99008123||Research Methodology||3 credits|
|99008142||Indexed Scientific Article Writing||2 credits|
2. Expertise Subjects
|99188113||Theory and Psychology of Elementary School Learning||3 credits|
|99188123||Development of SD Curriculum Based on Holistic and Integrated Approach||3 credits|
|99188133||Literacy and learning||3 credits|
|99188143||Basic Education Thematic Learning Assessment||3 credits|
|99188153||Basic Education Management||3 credits|
|99188153||New Orientation in Educational Psychology||3 credits|
|99188183||Basic Education Colloquium||3 credits|
3. Concentration Subjects
|99188213||Mathematics Learning||3 credits|
|99188223||Mathematics Learning Advance||3 credits|
|99188233||Science Learning||3 credits|
|99188243||Science Learning Advance||3 credits|
|99188253||Social Learning||3 credits|
|99188263||Social Learning Advance||3 credits|
|99188273||Indonesian Language Learning||3 credits|
|99188283||Indonesian Language Learning Advance||3 credits|
|99188023||Foundation of Education*||3 credits|
Note: * implemented before semester 1 lecture