The Physical Education doctoral degree program was established in 1993 as stated in the Decree of Establishment Number 590 on Establishment of Program/Higher Education/Kep/1993 and Decree Number 711/M2020 on the Change of the Name of the Study Program. The Physical Education doctoral study program obtained an A accreditation based on the BAN-PT Decree Number 006/SK/BAN-PT/Akred/D/2015. This accreditation rating is valid starting 2015. The degree awarded to students who have completed the doctoral degree in Physical Education is Doctor.
The Physical Education doctoral study program observes the same UNJ academic calendar. Starting in September and ending in August of the following year, each academic calendar consists of an odd semester, an even semester, and an intermediate semester. The odd semester starts in September and ends in February, while the even semester starts in March and ends in August of the same year. The doctoral education observes the rector’s regulations regarding the academic regulations and guidelines for UNJ Postgraduate Program.
The curriculum, which is detailed in the Academic Guidebook, is a set of plans and arrangements regarding the objectives, content, teaching materials, and methods used as guidelines for implementing learning activities to achieve the educational goals. The curriculum is designed and developed for each study program based on the national higher education standards, teacher education standards, Indonesian National Qualification Frameworks (KKNI), and international quality standards. The curriculum design and development also takes into account the demands and global challenges (scientific vision), the needs of the society (societal needs), the needs of the stakeholders (stakeholders need), and the demands of business and industry, as well as the principle of self-evaluation in a comprehensive manner.
To realize the Physical Education doctoral degree study program as a center for the development and study of sports education, science, and technology so that it becomes a teaching institution and research institution to meet the needs of Indonesian sports developments so that it can compete regionally, nationally and internationally in order to support and accelerate the achievement of the University’s vision.
- to develop competent students and inspire the community to exercise;
- to motivate students to be fit and healthy;
- to promote exercise knowledge;
- to increase the number of sports scholars in all corners of the country and all levels of society;
- to increase the mobility, fitness, and productivity of the society;
- to preserve and develop traditional sports/recreational activities, educational sports, and sports achievements;
- to develop human resources and educational sports organizations’ capacity and quality, sports achievement, and recreational sports;
- to develop harmonious cooperation and synergies with institutions and agencies to develop sports at regional, national, and international levels; and
- to equip prospective sports scientists with policy analysis and decision-making skills.
- to promote openness and responsiveness to changes and advances in science, especially in academic education and sports professionalism;
- to promote the mastery of theoretical approaches, concepts, and paradigms that best suit the field of physical education;
- to identify problems in the science and technology in sports and the latest developments in physical education.
- to promote the mastery of knowledge and skills in academic education and professionalism in sports programs to find answers and solve complex problems, including cross-disciplinary ones;
- to disseminate thoughts and ideas in the field of physical education to colleagues, institutions, and the wider community; and
- to produce experts in the field of physical education who can improve professional education services through research and development in the field of physical education through scientific reasoning.
- Educators in the field of physical education at undergraduate and master’s degree levels in public and private universities
- Innovative physical education developers by utilizing the latest technological developments
- Researchers who are competent to produce innovative research in sports education and recognized nationally and internationally
- Writers who are reliable in the field of sports and learning using the right methodology
- Able to develop new knowledge about pedagogical theory, literacy, the benefits of technology and / or new arts about information in the field of physical education, to produce solutions for improving the quality of life in society, nation and state through interdisciplinary or multidisciplinary and transdisciplinary approaches;
- Able to develop physical education science or professional practice through research to produce creative, original and tested work in the field of physics;
- Able to solve science, technology and or related arts problems in the field of physical education based on pedagogical theory, literacy, information technology through scientific methods with an interdisciplinary or multidisciplinary and transdisciplinary approach that internalizes academic values, norms and ethics;
- Able to develop new theories in innovative learning by applying didactic-pedagogical concepts and principles in physical education by utilizing education science and technology oriented to life skills and contributing to improving environmental quality and human quality;
- Able to manage, lead and develop research and development that is beneficial to the science of physical education and for the benefit of humans, and is able to get national and international recognition.
1. General Subjects
|99009 113||Advanced Philosophy of Science||3 credits|
|99009123||Advanced Research Methodology||3 credits|
|99009133||Advanced Statistics||3 credits|
|99009143||Indexed Scientific Article Writing (Academic Writing)||3 credits|
2. Expertise Subjects
|99049113||Development of Teaching Methodology and Physical Education Exercise and Sports||3 credits|
|99049123||System Development, Curriculum Design, and Analysis of Physical Education and Sports||3 credits|
|99029133||Comparative Analysis of Physical Education and Sports Management||33 credits|
|99029143||Development of the Sociological Dimension in Physical Education and Sports||3 credits|
|99029153||Mental Training Development, Psychometric and High Performance||3 credits|
|99029163||New Orientation in Pedagogy||3 credits|
|99029173||Physical Education Colloquium||3 credits|
3. Elective Subjects
|99029413||Comparison of Physical Education and Sports Systems||3 credits|
|99029423||Systems Thinking Physical Education Sport and Olympics||3 credits|
|99029433||E-learning and Big Data in Sports Education||3 credits|
|99179523||Strategic Process and Decision Making||3 credits|
|99049013||Strategic Leadership||3 credits|
|Choose 1 (one) course from the preferred courses available|
|99069013||The Foundation of Education*||3 credits|
Note: *held before the start of the semester