Educational technology is closely related to the national education system, from early childhood education to higher education. The scope of this study program is on secondary and tertiary education and formal education in terms of approaches, strategies, methods, models, and techniques for delivering learning material and information to students, as well as in terms of how education can prepare qualified Indonesian human resources through better quality education system by putting theories and concepts into practice to produce educational innovation. The Educational Technology Doctoral Study Program was established in 1982 when the Postgraduate Faculty of Jakarta Teacher Training Institute was founded.
In the era of global challenges and industrial revolution 4.0, this program plays an important role in learning innovation, research, and community service. The 21st-century educational skills, namely the 6Cs (Creative and Innovative, Collaboration, Communication, Compassion, Critical Thinking and Problem solving, and Computational Logic), can be integrated into Indonesia’s education system.
In 2025, to become a study program that produces and develops educational technology that is ethical, superior, competitive, professional, and able to compete in the industrial era 4.0 and face society 5.0 both at the national and international levels.
- To provide better quality education to produce educational technologists competent in educational technology according to the national education standards;
- To carry out creative and innovative research based on the industrial era 4.0 in educational technology that supports the implementation of quality and competitive education at the national and international levels;
- To organize community service activities, especially in educational technology and facilitate learning to improve the quality of learning and other fields that are beneficial to society in the era of society 5.0;
- To increase the academic quality standards for the Doctoral Study Program in Educational Technology to meet the national and international standards;
- To increase the number of publications in highly reputable international journals; (6) To organize cooperation on a regional, national, and international scale in research and implementation of education in industrial revolution 4.0 and society 5.0.
The Educational Technology Doctoral Study Program’s objectives are:
- to produce academic staff who can develop and manage new approaches in learning;
- to develop professional abilities in the area of educational technology to meet the evolving needs and challenges;
- to improve professional services in the field of education technology through research and development;
- to scientifically formulate solutions to various learning problems through an educational technology approach; and
- to contribute to the progress and application of science and technology in order to create a learning society.
The Educational Technology Doctoral Study Program aims to produce graduates in the following professions:
- designers and developers of learning based on the characteristics of the industrial revolution 4.0 and society 5.0;
- education and learning researchers who can solve educational problems using the education technology approach;
- evaluators of education and training programs to ensure quality assurance; and
- professional leaders and managers of educational technology development centers.
- Able to develop knowledge about pedagogy theory, literacy, technological benefits, and or new arts about information in the field of education technology, to produce solutions for improving the quality of life of society, nationality, and state through interdisciplinary or multidisciplinary approaches and transdisciplinary;
- Able to develop educational technology or professional practice through research to produce creative, innovative, original, and tested work;
- Able to solve related science, technology, and or art problems in Education Technology based on value. Principles of pedagogy theory and concepts, literacy, information technology through scientific methods with yang menginternalisasi interdisciplinary or multidisciplinary approaches and disciplinary methods that internalize academic values, norms, and ethics;
- Able to develop new theories related to IPTEKs in producing innovative findings by applying concepts and principles – pedagogical in education by utilizing the science and technology-oriented towards life skills and contributing to the improvement of the quality of public life;
- Managing, leading, and developing research and development in science is beneficial for the development of Education Technology and the benefit of humanity and gaining national and international
1. General Subjects
|99009113||Philosophy of Advanced Sciences||3 credits|
|99009123||Advanced Research Methodology||3 credits|
|99009133||Advanced Statistics||3 credits|
|99009143||Indexed Scientific Article Writing||3 credits|
2. Expertise Subjects
|99029423||Test, Measurement, and Evaluation Model||3 credits|
|99029113||Model-IT-Based Learning Model||3 credits|
|99029123||Model Theory and Difusi Inovasi in Education||3 credits|
|99029133||Evaluation of Education Models and Programs.||3 credits|
|99029143||Learning System Development||3 credits|
|99029183||New Orientation in Pedagogy||3 credits|
|99029193||Technology Education Colloquium||3 credits|
3. Elective Subject
|99029413||Leadership nature Learning Organization||3 credits|
|Choose 1 (one) course from the preferred course available|
|99029013||Foundation of Education||3 credits|
|99029022||Education Technology Literacy*||Two credits|
Note: * implemented before semester 1 lecture